If you wish to cancel your booking, there are specific times at which you can receive a full or partial refund. Keep in mind that if your reason for cancellation is covered by our Terms and Conditions, you can request the cancellation at any time before the payout is sent to the advertiser (48 hours after the move-in date) and it will be assessed by our team.
Here's how the cancellation policy works under the following time frames:
1. Within 24 hours of confirming a booking
After you have completed a booking with an advertiser, you have up to 24 hours to change your mind. If you decide to cancel your booking during this time, no questions are asked! You'll receive the first-month's rent back in full, but please note that the one-time service fee is non-refundable.
2. More than 24 hours after booking and before your move-in date*
If you choose to cancel your booking within this time frame and you don't have a valid reason for cancellation**, your refund depends on the advertiser's willingness to refund you the rent. Please note that this is completely at the discretion of the advertiser and that the one-time service fee remains non-refundable.
3. Within 48 hours of your registered move-in date
Once you move in, you have the chance to check that the reality of the property matches what was stated in the listing. Provided that you notify us within 48 hours of moving in and your reasoning for cancellation is valid per our T&Cs (following the procedure outlined below), you will receive a full refund (first-month's rent and the one-time service fee).
4. After 48 hours of your registered move-in date
Once 48 hours have passed, no refund is possible. This is because your first-month's rent is paid out to the advertiser 48 hours after the registered move-in date, officially making them your landlord. If you still wish to cancel after this time then you should contact your landlord to try to come to an arrangement.
*The move-in date is the date registered on our platform for your booking.
** Valid reasons for cancellation can be seen in our Terms and Conditions. For example, the accommodation is not as advertised.
To request a cancellation, please follow this process:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the reasons for your cancellation; if you are requesting a cancellation because the accommodation is not as advertised, please include sufficient proof to sustain your claim (pictures, videos, etc.).
- Keep an eye on your email; our Refunds and Cancellations team will assess your claim. We will need to get in touch with you and may ask for further information.
- The outcome of your cancellation case will be sent to you via email.
Please find more information here about our Cancellation policy due to the current Coronavirus outbreak.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.