HousingAnywhere offers two different cancellation policies you can choose from Standard and Flexible.
Standard cancellation policy
This policy allows the tenant to cancel and receive a refund within the first 24h of the confirmation of the booking. After this time has passed, a refund will only be granted under two circumstances
- The tenant has a valid reason based on our T&C’s.
- The tenant doesn’t have a valid reason, but you agree to a refund.
Flexible cancellation policy
This policy allows the tenant to cancel and receive a refund of the first month’s rent in the following timeframes:
- Within the first 24 hours from the confirmation of the booking: full refund of the first month’s rent.
- More than 30 days before the move-in date: full refund of the first month’s rent
- Less than 30 days but more than 7 days before the move-in date: 50% refund of the first month’s rent
- Less than 7 days before the move-in date: No refund.
How can you choose which policy to apply to your listings?
From your account on HousingAnywhere, go to the top right corner of your screen and open the drop-down menu under your name. Click on “Listings”.
Once you’re there, you can click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of each listing and select “edit”.
On the edit page, you can click on “Standard” or “flexible” to assign a policy to your listing.
Save the changes and your policy will be set!
Please be aware that the applicable policy will be the one that was selected when the tenant started a conversation on the listing.
Why would you select a flexible cancellation policy?
Having a flexible cancellation policy can also boost your bookings in various ways. For example, when a listing is marked with a flexible cancellation policy, it gets a tag that brings attention to your advertisement and boosts engagement from potential tenants. This means that your listing would get more views and more conversations will begin.
In times when it's more challenging to get your place booked, giving potential tenants the flexibility to cancel within a specific timeframe is beneficial to them and to you. It reduces disputes and gives more clarity in case of cancellation.